SharePoint BI tools contain applications designed to work with the Business Intelligence (BI) in the processes of organizations. Specifically they come with tools that support analysis and presentation of data. Although some business intelligence tools include functionality ETL (Extraction, Transformation). ETL tools are not generally considered as Business Intelligence tools.
SharePoint BI Tools- Best Practices
Types of SharePoint BI tools
- Scorecard also called Dashboard
- Digital Dashboards or Digital Control panels – also known as Business Intelligence Dashboards, or Executive Dashboards, are visual summaries of business information, showing at a glance the understanding of global business conditions through metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs ).
- OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) (including HOLAP , ROLAP and MOLAP ) – is the ability of some support systems that enable management decisions interactively examine large volumes of information from several perspectives
- Applications Reports generates aggregated data views to keep management informed about the status of your business
- Data Mining – Extracting information from databases about our consumer, using applications that can isolate and identify patterns or trends of consumers in a high volume of data. There are a variety of data mining techniques that reveal different types of patterns. Some of the techniques are statistical methods (particularly Business Statistics) and Neural Networks as highly advanced forms of data analysis
The SharePoint BI Tools Center
Your organization handles a lot and probably data stored in different formats, such as databases, emails and spreadsheets. The site of the Business-Intelligence Center and its-tools help you-organize data and present useful way to make sense. The Business-Intelligence Center is a redesigned website or a site template that has been optimized -to help you manage-work items reporting business intelligence (BI) dashboards, panels, data connections, lists states, status indicators, etc. You can customize the website of the Business-Intelligence Center to the extent you want, or you can start by simply using integrated tools.
The Business-Intelligence Center is an excellent place-to-start. You can use Business Intelligence tools key-elements, like a book Excel Services for analysis, graphs and different types of panels to adjust your SharePoint site. In the BI center here are also special-purpose libraries ready to use to create data connections, manage BI content Performance-point Services or SharePoint, and store finished panels.
SharePoint BI tools Center has two main panels:
Links to libraries clip in the Quick Launch pane on the left side of the screen and information resources in the central panel
At the most basic level, a panel is only a Web Part that contains a collection of indicators, data or graphics. Consequently, paneled library is a library optimized for storing and creating Web Part pages, including Performance-Point Dashboard and Web Part pages with lists of states for SharePoint status indicators.
You can also use commands ribbon page list panels to create a Web Part with status list to display status indicators SharePoint and then add graphics, filters and other web content items as necessary. When you create a panel using Dashboard Designer, Performance-Point Services automatically stored in the library panels. You can import panels and created by Performance-Point Services or use commands ribbon page list of panels to create a new panel from a web page elements.
- In the Create panel panels, you can find links to information about how to create dashboards using SharePoint tools only, or using tools Performance-Point Services
- Links on this panel include Start using Performance-Point Services, which opens a home page for Performance-Point Services
- To start immediately, you can click Run Dashboard Designer, or follow the links to introductory articles that can help you create dashboards, hierarchical schemes and analytic charts and grids
Generate and Share Reports
- In the Generate and share reports panel, you can find links to information about Excel Services and interactive visualization tools Performance-Point Services.
- Excel Services lets you design a solution to your problem in Excel, the most popular BI tool in the world. You can generate spreadsheets, dynamic charts and graphs, and then publish reports in SharePoint.
- -The data visualization tools Performance-Point Services include charts and graphs linked to key performance indicators designated, strategy maps, geographic maps linked and many other options.
Monitor Key Performance
- In the Key Performance Monitor panel, you can find links to information about different methods to monitor performance, statements of SharePoint lists and dashboards in Performance-Point Services
- The states of SharePoint lists are quick and easy to create
- The Performance-Point dashboards offer advanced hierarchies and access special analytical reports
The document library serves as the central library spreadsheets, SharePoint lists, documents, etc. To make it easier to find information, you can create folders within this library. For example, if you want, you can create a folder for “Financial Reports Excel” or “lists states to follow.” You can also create custom libraries.
Data Connection Library
The data connection library allows you to specify data source connection once and reuse them in any web site element. The library supports data connections Performance-Point data sources, files Office data connection (.odc) files and universal data connection (UDC).
Power Business Intelligence tools of Office-365 is a service business-intelligence to share, manage and consume data queries and workbooks that contain data query, data models and reports. Microsoft Excel and Office 365 are different offers and are not included in Office 365. Power BI for users with Office 365 Pro-Plus Excel or Office Professional Plus 2013 can use the integrated capabilities of Power Query, Power and Power Pivot View for search, import and combine data, and apply ways and create data models in memory, interactive reports and visualizations. Power BI to Office 365 lets you publish workbooks and data sources in an environment protected and online collaboration.
Features of “Power” SharePoint BI tools for Office-365
1. Prospects for SharePoint Online-With SharePoint Online Plan 2, which is a requirement of Power BI to Office 365, you get additional features that allow users to store, share and manage digital information, including Outlook feature.
2. Applying BI Power Windows Store-With the Power BI application, you can use content Excel and Power View on any tablet or PC with Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows RT, including Surface. Upload your Excel workbooks in SharePoint Online, and then connect to the cloud with Power BI application to discover, explore and share business intelligence in their book.
3. Power Administration Center BI – The Center Power Management BI is a portal for IT administrators that can manage BI Power for Office 365 for your company. In the Administration Center, you can manage data sources, users, queries, data usage analysis, etc. The Center Power Management BI, you can register local data sources with BI Power for Office 365; enable OData source for data sources and select tables or views to include in the source; and allow Excel workbooks stored in SharePoint Online for updated with data from local data sources.
4. Update company data – You can configure automatic updating data for their books BI Power sites for Office 365.
5. Data Management Gateway – The Data Management Gateway feature provides access to local data sources within the organization
When used intelligently, SharePoint BI tools can help to maintain and run a SharePoint site at it’s best performance state.