SharePoint is one of the best business tools that can help a company achieve many goals, but SharePoint problems have made many users look for other alternatives, while there are available solutions for the problem.
SharePoint Problems and How to Solve Them
Troubleshooting Windows SharePoint Services
The adapter uses Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services. This article lists some known issues that can be found with Windows SharePoint Services, and possible solutions to these problems.
Error “User login occurs ‘NT AUTHORITY \ NETWORK SERVICE’ when trying to create a database of content
When you try to create a database of Web site content using the SharePoint Central Administration, you will receive the following error:
Error logon user ‘NT AUTHORITY \\ NETWORK-SERVICE’
This problem occurs when the owner of the database to which you are connecting does not match the identity of the application pool that is running Windows SharePoint Services.
To resolve this problem, do one of the following options:
- Grant the service account the rights to build network databases in SQL Server
- Change the account of the application pool identity for an account that has rights to create databases in SQL Server
Error “Service unavailable” This occurs when accessing the Web site SharePoint Central Administration
When you try to open the Web site SharePoint Central Administration, you receive the following error: “Service Unavailable”
The most common cause of this error is that the application pool (IIS 6.0 or IIS 7.0) or COM + (IIS 5.x) for website hosting SharePoint Central Administration has stopped. This usually occurs if the application pool or COM + application is configured with an identity for the password or the username specified is invalid.
Edit your host settings using the recommended instructions provided in the application pool
Error “Unable to connect to the configuration database” occurs when trying to expand and create a content database
When you try to expand and create a content database using the Web site SharePoint-Central-Administration, you receive the following error: “You can not connect to the configuration database”
This problem occurs when the account that uses the application pool that is running the Web site SharePoint Central Administration does not have the necessary permissions to the database SQL Server.
To resolve this problem, do one of the following options:
- Grant the account used by the application pool for the Web site SharePoint Central Administration rights to create databases in SQL Server.
- Change the account of the application pool identity for an account that has rights to create databases in SQL Server.
In the application log the error “Could not start the timer service extensions SharePoint” after rebooting the server
After restarting the server, the following error in the event logs:
Could not start the timer service extensions SharePoint
You may also display the following error when the Web site SharePoint Central Administration opens:
You can not connect to the configuration database of WSS STS_Config
This error occurs when the Timer service SharePoint extensions can not connect to the database after restart SharePoint Services. Timer SharePoint Extensions service is used to send notifications and perform scheduled tasks SharePoint Services. The most common of the Timer service SharePoint extensions can not start is because the account that is used to run the service is configured with an identity for that user name or password is no longer valid.
Make sure the username and password specified for account login Timer service SharePoint extensions are correct and that the service has started.
How to Solve a Problem 502 Port Link
If an error “502 Bad Gateway” occurs when you try to access the Internet, the web server received an invalid response. The error may occur on a single computer or across the network. Depending on what the cause, you have several options to resolve the problem.
Simple and easy instruction on how to solve the problem with your computer
1. Clears system cache on the computer that has the problem files. Go to “Tools” in Internet Explorer to delete “Temporary Internet Files” and “Cookies”. Make sure the box “Keep data favorite web sites” is unchecked.
2. Select “Tools” and “Internet Options”. Click the “Connections” tab and select “LAN Settings”. The standard default is to select “Automatically detect settings” or having the three gaps. Check with your network administrator if you see a different configuration.
3. Restart the computer in Safe Mode and perform a full virus analysis. Some block Internet virus and can produce error codes.
Error on Entire Network
1. Check the server that manages the Internet connection. Confirm that you can connect to the Internet. If so, check the connections and the network configuration.
2. Check the Internet connection that comes from the internet service provider with a direct connection to a computer. It determines whether the error occurs on any computer. If not, check the network connections of the server.
3. Contact your Internet service provider to see if an outage. Your ISP can perform tests to determine where the problem is occurring between the system and the network.
Disabling Permissions Inheritance
Windows operating systems use special permissions to control who has access to certain files and folders. In general, Windows assigns permissions to a file based on its parent folder, so that the administrator does not have to assign permissions to each individual file. It is said that the file “inherit” the permissions of the parent folder. Disable permissions inheritance, but allows any file or folder has its own set of permissions, regardless of the parent folder.
1. Click “Start” and select “Computer”.
2. Navigate to the file or folder you want to establish you permission. Right click on the file or folder and select “Properties”.
3.Click on the “Security” tab and select “Advanced” for options permission.
4. Click on the box next to “Inherit the permission entries from parent to child objects” and click “OK” to save the settings. This will disable the inheritance of permissions for the file or folder permissions and settings can be changed separately from the parent folder.
If you follow the above illustrated instructions on how to solve sharepoint problems, you will find it very easy to use sharepoint for all your business needs. SharePoint can be customized in many ways to fit all business needs. If you have previously feared to use SharePoint because of it’s problems, try it today and you will be surprised to see the benefits.